- About Us
- Body Contouring
- Wellness Treatments
- Contact Us
Brazilian Butt Lift has been one of the most famous and favorite procedures to date to get an exact figure and look alluring. Even though we love to give fullness and shape to our buttocks, it is vital to proceed with caution after we have got them. The extra care will help us to stay in shape for a longer duration and enjoy every perk of getting BBL done.
In this article, we will be going through several post operative instructions for BBL so without further ado, let’s get right into it!
1) Rest: It’s essential to rest comfortably for the first 24 hours after your procedure however, ensure that you exercise by getting out of bed and walking often with assistance afterwards.
2) Take prescribed pain medications: It’s normal to experience some moderate pain in liposuction areas after procedure. Just ensure you use your pain medications. Also, bruising and swelling typically occurs in three to four days after the procedure, don’t fret, it will gradually improve over several weeks. However, if you feel an unusual pain, short breath, fever, or severe pain in the operated area, ensure to call your doctor’s office immediately.
3) Do not sit on your buttocks: You are NOT allowed to sit or lay on your butt for three weeks after your BBL because this could cause a shift in the treated area. Sleep on your stomach or side instead.
4) Avoid smoking, taking alcohol or nicotine: Avoid smoking and all forms of nicotine that can elevate blood pressure and affect the flow of oxygen. This may cause complications and alter or slow down your recovery. You should also avoid taking alcohol which dehydrates the skin.
5) Your compression garment should stay on 24 hours after BBL: This garment should remain in place for 24 hours after BBL and weeks after, however after the first 24 hours, it is allowed to be removed for shower and washing. Ensure you put it back on immediately after shower.
5) Stay hydrated and eat correctly: It is easy to get dehydrated after BBL and this can cause nausea, lightheadedness, weakness etc. Hence, make sure you take enough fluid. After your BBL, your eating diet should begin with liquids then, you can advance to light foods for the next three days before reverting back to your regular diet.
6) Avoid strenuous activities: You should avoid all strenuous activities and bending at the waist after your BBL but, that doesn’t mean you should not be active. You should do some light walking and avoid laying on your bed all day.
7) Avoid weight gain: It is important that you maintain a stable weight after your BBL. Fluctuations in weight gain and weight loss can alter your BBL results.
8) Do not drive: Driving is equivalent to sitting and sitting after procedure is not allowed because it can cause displacements of fats, so avoid driving after your BBL.
All these instructions are extremely important and at ShineMD clinic, we make sure the steps are explained to the clients before getting BBL done. Also, getting the procedure done from a recognized clinic is prudent to get visible and perfect butt which will make you shine in the crowd.
Here at ShineMD Medspa & Liposuction Centre in Houston, TX, we give you solutions. So, please book an appointment with us today and get a one-on-one consultation with the best board-certified skin specialists in town. You can call us at 832.509.5099 to schedule an appointment also. Read ahead, and we’ll walk you through everything you need to know—one step at a time.