You can find stubborn fat in different parts of your body. Most of us focus on our waist to get a slimmer look. However, a submental fat layer may cause the problem of a double chin. Submental fat or double chin is the layer of fat accumulate under the chin and neck areas. It cannot be enjoyable and can affect the quality of life. Therefore, it is essential to know the causes and prevention before discussing the treatment options to get rid of a double chin.
What causes a double chin?
- Obesity is a prevalent factor, resulting in fat accumulation in your neck and chin.
- In some cases, looser skin for a natural aging process can cause a double chin.
- The direct factors include fat deposition for an unhealthy lifestyle, improper diet, and weight gain.
- The thyroid gland problems may also cause double chin issues.
- Moreover, those, who have chronic sinusitis issues, may face the issue of a puffy face.
- It can present without any causes and can be hereditary.
- It can also be related to poor postural habits.
How to get rid of a double chin?
There are various treatments and modalities available in the market for the treatment of double chin. You can look for an innovative treatment to have a smooth, chiseled jawline.
Natural way to treat double chin
- There are some chin and neck exercises such as tilting your head, puckering your lips while tilting your head backward, and hold the position for few seconds.
- Chin exercise such as jutting your jaw forwards for few seconds can be done. However, the effects of these methods are not too great.
- Aerobic physical activity, weight loss may help with reducing fat cells but may not help with skin elasticity.
Kybella injection for double chin removal
Kybella is a prescription medication that is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring substance in bile that breaks down fat cells.
Normally three to six treatments are required. The cost of the Kybella can be an issue but check out our current specials of Kybella.
Treatments consist of series of injections on the double chin areas.
Swelling and bruising are common side effects due to inflammatory responses, which subside in few days to weeks.
Coolsculpting of double chin
Coolsculpting is an FDA-approved treatment for reducing fat cells in unwanted areas by freezing fat cells with intense cold temperatures.
Relatively painless. No downtime.
It is a prevalent treatment for double chin removal due to lack of downtime.
The non-surgical reduction of a double chin (submental fullness), the fat around the chin, and the jawline.
Smartlipo for double chin removal
However, Smartlipo works for those who have a double chin for obesity. When other health issues are causing the problem, you have to speak to the physicians to get medical advice.
Smartlipo is one of the best techniques to ensure better facial proportions.
For the Smartlipo technique, the professionals rely on different laser wavelengths, ranging from 1064nm to 1440nm. This laser energy enables you to remove fat cells while restoring the natural beauty of your chin.
In addition, effective laser energy helps in the slow melting of the fat. Thus, you will find the process painless and non-invasive.
This method is best for tightening the skin to provide you with superior results. While the conventional liposuction technique is not right for you, it is better to rely on Smartlipo.
Smartlipo can lift your sagging jowls to ensure the best shape of your neck portion.
Traditional liposuction of the Chin and neck:
You can still get rid of a double chin with the traditional liposuction, but it may come with serious downtime and is way more invasive than other procedures. You can check this article to get additional information about liposuction.
Why prefer Smartlipo to manage double chin compare to the traditional lipo of chin and neck?
- Traditional liposuction can cause a bruising effect, and you need much time for recovery. However, the laser energy of Smartlipo helps in closing blood vessels.
- As a result, you will find minimal bleeding, swelling, and bruising effect. Thus, it is better than other older versions of liposuction processes.
- Tighten up the skin of your neck and chin with this process.
- Smartlipo is effective for triggering the contraction of collagen while producing new collagen in due course.
In summary, Kybella, Coolsculpting, and Smartlipo are the most effective treatments for getting rid of double chin issues.
Why should you choose ShineMD to get rid of a double chin?
At ShineMD MedSpa and Liposuction Center, based in Houston, TX, we serve our best medication guide and treatments to the patients. Not sure which option to pick? Check out this blog by Dr. Shukla on whether to decide which treatment you should pick for double chin removal.
ShineMD MedSpa and Liposuction Center is the leading provider of aesthetics, wellness, and body contouring treatments in Houston, TX. We are a one-stop-shop for head-to-toe revitalization and offer a wide range of FDA-approved treatments.
To know more about treatment to get rid of double chin, feel free to call 832.509.5099 during our office hours or visit our website to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
ShineMD Medspa offers a wide variety of FDA-approved treatments for double chin removal. ShineMD offers Kybella, Coolsculpting, Smartlipo for Double Chin Removal. Please get in touch with the office to schedule your consultation.