A smart liposuction is a varied form of normal or traditional liposuction. It does the same work as the traditional liposuction procedure but is performed through a different technique.
What is smart liposuction?
Smart liposuction is also known as laser liposuction, is an FDA-approved, minimally invasive procedure that works a bit like a scaled-down version of traditional liposuction.
As though in a traditional liposuction vacuum suction is used to remove fat, in smart liposuction heat is used to melt the fat before it is siphoned out.
Smart liposuction is a version of laser-assisted liposuction. During a smart lipo procedure, a smart probe is inserted into the treatment area that emits laser energy, that melts the fatty deposits for easier removal.
How long before you see the result of a smart lipo procedure?
With smart liposuction, you have to be a little patient.
- Ideally and largely speaking it takes about 2-4 months before you actually start seeing close to the final results of smart liposuction.
- Swelling will start to go down after about 2 weeks conditional upon the fact that you start to massage the area twice a week for at least 10-14 days after the procedure, and the majority of the swelling will go down by 4-6 weeks.
- Although the bruising involved in smart liposuction is minimal whatever the bruising is it will subside within 2-4 weeks.
- To help reduce swelling and bruising your medical practitioner might suggest you or prescribe you any oral or any kind of medicine. It also advised to not consume any medicine without the knowledge of your medical practitioner and without discussing with them first.
- It’s also important to note that the numbness over the treated area lasts for about several months.
- As already discussed it takes about 2-4 months before you actually see some tangible results from the procedure, this is due to the fact that the body will be needing to adjust to the inflammation and swelling caused by the procedure.
- Further, your skin and soft tissue will continue to remodel for over a year.
The precautions to be taken before and after the procedure
Before the procedure
- Stop taking blood thinners for at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Stop smoking for 4 weeks both before and after the procedure.
- Stop all diet medicines, thyroid, asthma medicines 2 days prior to the procedure. Before you stop taking any medication prescribed to you, you must consult your medical practitioner.
After the procedure
- Regulate or halt the consumption of caffeine.
- Do not submerge the treatment area for at least one week.
- No significant physical exertion to be done, also physical activity to be undertaken or resumed only as could be tolerated.
- There may be some usual side effects such as redness, bruising, swelling, discomfort, temporary increase in temperature, muscle soreness or itching sensations. Do not panic upon any of the above. They are bound to happen as an after-effect of a medical procedure. But if the condition worsens, consult your medical practitioner.
To understand and get a session from experts, contact ShineMD in Houston, TX for guidance.