Botox is a completely innovative injection therapy that is developed from the botulinum toxin. In a layman’s language, Botox is a simple treatment that relaxes the muscles. It is very important to follow Botox after care instructions to avoid possible side effect or complications. In this blog we will talk about necessary information related to Botox aftercare instructions.
It is mainly used to treat muscles for facial expression to avoid wrinkle formation. Botox has been widely used for aesthetics purpose such as anti wrinkle treatments in forehead, glabellar areas, crow’s feet and other facial muscles. Botox for lip flip is also getting very popular now a days in which Botox injections were given above upper lips to enhance the shape of the lips. Botox is also used for migraine treatment, neck pain or neck stiffness due to muscle spasms, hyperhidrosis also called excessive sweating.
What areas you can treat with Botox and how many units of Botox you need to treat them?
Need for Botox is different from person to person. It depends upon the muscle strength and areas need to be treated.
Here are the ranges for Botox units and it will be varying upon person to person.
Botox for facial muscles:
Forehead wrinkles: 10-30 units
Glabellar region or Frown lines: 15-30 units
Crow’s feet area: 5-15 units/side
Bunny line: 5-10 units
Gummy smile: 4-6 units
Smile lift: 3-6 units each side of mouth corner
Dimpled chin: 5-10 units
Botox for lip flip: Normally 4-10 units above upper lips are required
Botox for TMJ, masseter muscles: around 20-30 units of Botox needed in each side
Botox for platysma bands:
Normally about 5-10 units every 1 cm interval are injected in each platysmal bands. The total dose to treat platysmal bands may ranges from 50-150 units.
Botox for Hyperhidrosis or excess sweating of hands:
To treat hyperhydrosis of hands or excessive sweating around 50-80 units of botox required in each palm ranges total units between 100-150 units.
Botox for Hyperhidrosis or excess sweating in armpit areas:
To treat hyperhydrosis of hands or excessive sweating around 40-60 units of botox required in each palm ranges total units between 80-140 units.
Normally about 5-10 units injected in various neck, scalp and facial muscles in different spots. The total dose to treat platysmal bands may ranges from 50-150 units.
Botox aftercare instructions
Once you have received Botox treatment, your skin will look much younger and vibrant. To maintain the glow, it is important to follow necessary Botox aftercare instructions to keep the results for a longer duration. There are necessary precautions should be taken for initial 4 hours to 24 hours after treatment to avoid any possible complications or side effects.
Follow the below-mentioned aftercare tips post Botox treatments:
- Avoid any strenuous activity for at least 2-3 hours.
- For the first 4-5 hours after the Botox treatment periodically perform facial expression movements (such as smile, squint , whistle etc. in the areas of injections in order to work the Botox into the muscle – e.g., smile, squint, etc.
- Avoid rubbing the areas of injection site for at least 6 hours.
- Avoid touching the face near injected areas.
- Avoid rub your face or massage near the injection site areas.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking.
- Avoid any skin irritating products for 24 hours following Botox.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko Biloba, green-tea and anti-inflammatory medications of any kind for 2 weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising.
- Make-up may be applied gently, remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows and avoid injection sites.
How to Sleep after Botox treatment?
- Avoid sleeping face down for at least 4-6 hours after the treatment.
- Sleep on the back to prevent facial rubbing and migration of the Botox.
- Avoid hot shower before go to sleep on the day of the treatment.
What to expect after Botox treatment?
- Bruising in the area injected is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks. Arnica cream/gel may help diminish bruising.
- Botox may take up to 10-14 days to show full effects.
- Botox is also used for lip enhancement also called Botox lip flip. you will not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks.
What are the side effects of Botox?
Common side effects are
Less common side effects
- Infection at the injection site
- Eyelid ptosis(Droopy eyes)
- Allergic reaction
- Neck pain or stiffness, headache
- Muscle stiffness
How frequently I should get Botox treatments?
- Effect of Botox last from 3 months to 6 months. It varies person to person.
- It is recommended to get Botox treatments for wrinkle formation in the face at the interval of 3-4 months on a regular basis.
- It is very important to get the treatment before complete effect of botox disappears.
- Regular interval of Botox treatments will reduce the requirement of the Botox dosage and keep the face youth full and prevent the effects of aging.
- Treatments for migraine and hyperhidrosis or excess sweating can be done in the interval of 4-6 months.
What to do to keep my skin healthy in between Botox treatments?
- Eat healthily. Include a big bowl of salad along with your regular meal.
- Drink a minimum of 3 liters of water. Use sunscreen when you step out.
- Use a gentle face cleanser every day.
- Always remove the makeup before you go to bed.
- Stay physically active.
- Moisturize your skin before going to bed.
How much Botox cost?
ShineMD Medspa proudly offers ShineMD VIP Membership Program. ShineMD VIP members get Botox at a discounted rate of $8.99/Unit. There are no limits on amount of units anyone can get. VIP members save 10-20% of services and products.
ShineMD proudly offers Alle rewards program which is a part of Brilliant Distinction Program offered by Allergan who is a manufacturer of Botox. Alle rewards can be offered for Coolsculpting a FDA approved treatment for the permanent fat reduction, Juvederm Dermal Fillers for restoring volume in the face, Kybella for double chin removal and other products from Allergan.
Why should you choose ShineMD Medspa?
As we have reached the ending of this article, we hope you have got the information you were searching for. We here at ShineMD have certified medical practitioners who efficiently perform this treatment with ample expertise at hand. Besides, we provide complete information about the treatment beforehand to make the patient aware of the entire treatment.
ShineMD MedSpa and Liposuction Center, is the leading provider of aesthetics, wellness and body contouring treatments in Houston, TX. We are one stop shop for head to toe revitalization and offers wide range of FDA approved treatments.
To know more about Botox Injections, feel free to connect with us. Please call our office at 832.509.5099 or book the online hassle free appointment by using the link below.I t is important to build trust when you hear about a new treatment. We would suggest you should try Botox treatment once in life and you will see a miracle.
Schedule a Consultation
Are you a good candidate for Botox? Become ShineMD VIP Member today and get botox for just $8.99/Unit. No limits on the botox use or amount and get amazing savings. Contact us to get your free consultation today.