Everyone fantasizes about flawless skin. It is not easy to maintain healthy skin naturally in the era of industrialization when there are so much dirt and pollution in the air we breathe. The food and water which we intake today have a lot of impurities. Such adverse conditions lead to skin problems like aging, acne, blotches, scars, wrinkles, laser skin resurfacing.
Laser skin resurfacing is a technological innovation that helps your skin look younger and healthier. Going through such treatment involves a lot of post-care. Following are certain tips for post-care-
- Direct exposure to the sun may cause adverse effects like hyperpigmentation since the skin is still in the healing stage. The upper layer of the skin becomes thin and the direct heat of the sun can cause minor burns. So you should always avoid going out too much in direct sun or may carry an umbrella if necessary. Using a hat and UV protected sunglasses can also be a nice option.
- Tylenol is a drug that can be taken to treat mild to moderate pain. It also helps to reduce fever. It can give you instant relief in case of discomfort. So, in case you are feeling discomfort due to pain, you can take a Tylenol pill.
- After undergoing laser resurfacing, proper skincare is a must. You should always invest in a good sunscreen of UV-A and UV-B protection of at least 30 SPF. Even if you are not going out in the sun, never hesitate to apply sunscreen. It is recommended to apply sunscreen even in shade.
- There could be minor issues like redness and possible swelling of the treated skin after the treatment. Though the swelling does not last for more than 2-3 days, to reduce it, it is advisable to keep your head elevated for up to 48 hours to reduce swelling.
- You can always see minor wounds in the treated area. But never try to pick at your open wounds. Delicate treatment of the skin post-surgery is required to achieve the best results. Picking or exfoliating your skin until the skin heals can cause injury to the skin.
- Always use the skincare prescribed by your doctor.
- Maintaining proper hygiene is mandatory. Washing the face twice daily, using a fresh pillow cover, washing your hands before touching your face are some of the post-care tips.
- You should always avoid wearing makeup until the skin heals completely.
- Sweating will lead to the opening of the pores which may be bad for your skin in the initial days. So, avoid exercising, sauna, Jacuzzi, or similar activities that could increase the body temperature.
- To deeply clean the skin, try applying vinegar and distilled water solution to your face 3-4 times a day for 5-10 minutes with gauze.
For flawless laser skin resurfacing, ShineMD’s constant practice and experience can bring in miracles onto your beautiful face. Our customer’s reviews have always been positive. Moreover, book with us to get a free consultation regarding your skin type and what treatment will prove to be the best for your skin.